Professional Value of CLIPP™ & HASAC™
CLIPP™ is an acronym for Certified Living In Place Professional™ HASAC™ is an acronym for Home Accessibility and Safety Assessment Checklist™
All Homes are Accessible, Comortable and Safe.
We create Interprofessional Networks of designers, contractors, builders, architects, medical professionals, home inspectors, caregivers, senior specialists, etc., through…
Providing the Certified Living In Place Professional™ training and licensed use of the Home Accessibility & Safety Assessment Checklist™ app, training those professionals to…
Identify and recommend designs and products to improve home accessibility and safety…
So that now and in the future everyone can comfortably… Live In Place!
Certified Living In Place Professional™ (CLIPP™) training is a comprehensive and intense two day class providing professionals with the skills necessary to help make homes accessible, comfortable and safe for everyone. After successful completion of CLIPP training, you will be able to market your services using the CLIPP logo and have access other valuable information.The course includes:
- Your Role in Home Accessibility and Safety
- Statistics and Trends of Living In Place
- Medical, Pharmaceutical and Cognitive Issues of Aging
- Experiential Lunch (assume a temporary disabillity, then prepare and eat your lunch)
- Living In Place Designs, Products and Installation
- Using the Home Accessibility Safety Assessment Checklist (HASAC)
- How to Sell Your CLIPP Designation and HASAC Services
- Compliance with CLIPP™ and HASAC™
The Living In Place Institute is rigorous in qualifying professional candidates for certification and maintaining certification. Click HERE for a chart of the requirements to be certified and use the home assessment app tool.
For a comparison of the CLIPP Certification program versus other professional certification programs, click here.
#2 Home Assessments
After completion of your training, you will be able to use, for a nominal monthly or annual fee, the Home Accessibility and Safety Assessment Checklist™ (HASAC™), a valuable electronic tool (APP) for quickly and accurately identifying home accessibility and safety issues and providing recommendations to improve the home. This one-of-a-kind tool helps take out the guesswork of performing assessments and allows you to add photos and notes on each item in your report. Send the report to the client. HASAC
CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMS
The CLIPP Training Course is designed to meet specific guidelines for continuing education. Continuing Education Units (CEU) for this course are approved by the:
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) 1.6 CEU
- National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) 1.6 CEU
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) 1.6 CEU
- International Interior Design Associatioon (IIDA) 1.6 CEU
- Interior Designers of Canada (IDC) 1.6 CEU
- National Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Certified Living In Place professional course is approved for 16 of ASHI® Continuing Education Credits
- This course qualifies for CEU requirements for AIA and NAHB/CAPS
KEEPING YOU CURRENT WITH INDUSTRY TRENDS, NEW PRODUCTS & SUGGESTED INSTALLATION TIPS
The Living In Place Institute is constantly updating the course with new products and installation trends. As a certified CLIPP member, you will receive annual updates (cost of printing only).